Friday, June 4, 2010

Almost There....

Hello readers!

First off LA vs Boston for the NBA finals....BORING! Ok had to get that off my chest. Lets start!

Updates:

Lock and Loading!

We're almost there folks. This Sunday marks one week until day one of production for Love, Concord! I can't believe how fast these last two months have felt. I'm both excited and a little nervous about it. Not about my cast or crew, more about the logistics of the production as we have a very tight schedule to go along with our very tight budget! But most of the important things have been locked down and our first week of the productions is about 90% planned thanks in part to the amazing team I have in Virginia, Kristin, Jimmy, Jon, Kurtis, and Sandra. You guys more than anyone have gotten us this far. Great job!

New Blog Writer

So as I'm super busy planning things I don't have much time to write a lengthy article this week. And I certainly won't have time during production, but I've been steadily working with one of my former students to insure the blog posts go on especially during the exciting part of production. Therefore it gives me great pleasure to announce Adrian Garro (SMC class of 2007) will take over blog duties starting very soon.
Adrian has proven to me literally since day one of my teaching career that he is very passionate about all forms of media. We also have an uncanny affinity for the A's, music, and pop culture in general. Therefore, when told me he wanted to help out with the production in some capacity but wasn't sure how a light bulb went off in my mind. Knowing that Adrian is getting his Masters in journalism at Cal State Northridge I figured his best talents could be put to use taking over this blog. I talked to him about it and he informed me he needed a thesis project anyways, so after working his mojo at his college he was given clearance to write for the film blog as his thesis project. I'm very excited to hand over the reins of the blog to Adrian as I know he'll do an amazing job. So stay tuned for his first post of what will be many throughout the three week production phase of Love, Concord. Welcome aboard Mr. Garro!

Well that does it for me this week. Got's loads to do! Next week will be my last update until after production ends. So until then....

Forward!

-Gustavo

2 comments: