Thursday, June 24, 2010

Another day in the can

I didn’t want to start tonight’s post with another “Today, we…”, so I guess this works. Earlier today we filmed a scene that makes me proud to say I'm involved with this project. I can’t wait to see it in the final version of the movie, as it was really something that I’m extremely fortunate to have been able to witness.

Besides that stunning moment, we also filmed scenes involving Gerry, Melinda and Melinda’s father Mike. We began at noon today, a much-welcomed break from the early morning wakeups we’ve had lately, and finished around midnight (so another 12-hour day). This house had an incredible backyard, with a grotto-like pool with a built-in cave. It’s the kind of backyard/pool set up that I want someday, in my dreams. During our down time I basically stared into the backyard, imagining this kind of awesomeness in my own place of living. Sigh. Maybe one day…

Okay, back to reality. Today marked the 9th day of Production on Love, Concord, and as we’ve pointed out to each other, we’re basically more than halfway through our time together. So far this has been one of the most enjoyable experiences of my life. I feel like each post I say things like “to see everyone work together so smoothly has been incredible...” but each day just makes that more true. Tomorrow we shoot at two different locations, which will be fun, including Gerry’s House for more interior scenes. I’m leaving halfway through the morning to pick up my girlfriend from the airport…I’m going to bring her and her sister to the set to get an idea of how this all works and what it’s been like to be involved with a movie set day in and day out for the past two weeks.

I need to make some more copies of the movie fliers I designed for Love, Concord, since we have more scenes to be shot in public locations, which means more people walking by with curious looks on their faces. So far the fliers have been a hit, which is nice to see.

There was a moment where we thought we’d have to do some re-shoots this Friday and Saturday, normally our days off, but thankfully we don’t have to this weekend, so we can all enjoy the customary two day break before shooting some huge climactic scenes on Sunday.

I just got home and I’m dead tired…and I have to get up in about six hours for another jam-packed day on the set of Love, Concord....so goodnight, readers.

Until next time…

--Adrian

No comments:

Post a Comment