Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 1 is in the books!

After a long first day of shooting, Love, Concord is finally off and running!

Today was the first official day of production for the film, and we shot at Digger's Diner in, where else, Concord. The owners and staff of the diner were amazing in allowing us to stuff all our technical equipment and ourselves in the restaurant for about twelve hours. After everything was set up and ready to go, we began shooting some of the super-important diner scenes for the film.

This took a while, as several scenes were re-shot from different angles and done over a few times for continuity reasons....personally speaking, it was pretty remarkable to see things going as well as they did. I haven't ever been involved with a production that uses the services of so many different people. It was really interesting to see how everyone works together and does their part just right and just efficiently enough to accomplish the right shots and scenes.

Towards the end of the day, I was feeling really tired (having gotten up excruciatingly early the previous two days for World Cup action), but I got that last-minute boost of adrenaline when I was an extra in a couple important scenes. That was awesome, and I can't wait to see myself in the movie when it is completed.

On the technical side, I took a lot of footage today with my XL-2 camera, chronicling the start of Day 1 and filming some behind-the-scenes stuff, including a guitar/ukelele jam between actors Blake Rosier and Zachary Garcia in the parking lot, which was more than entertaining. I wish a jam session had been written into the film....

but I digress. I also got a few moments with Gus towards the beginning and ending of the day, in which he wrapped up his thoughts on Day 1 (which included a lot of excitement on his part, finally seeing his dream production come to fruition as it did).

I left the diner around midnight, and I'm extremely tired. I can't imagine how tired the actual crew members must be...but we all have an early day tomorrow, as Day 2 is set to begin bright and early at 9:30.

I have a bunch of pictures from today that I plan to post on this blog later in the week...as it is tonight it's a miracle this post was made as coherently as it is (I hope)....I have to catch some sleep, but I'll be back tomorrow with more diatribes and anecdotes from the set of your new favorite movie, Love Concord.

Until then....

--Adrian

No comments:

Post a Comment