Monday, June 21, 2010

A week's worth of filming done....

Today was the 7th day of filming, so we've been at it for an entire week of filming...yeah, that feels pretty good.

Today we filmed scenes at a Bay Area high school that provided some pretty scenic views and peaceful atmosphere...we began filming at around 930 am and finished (after returning to Concord High for an outdoor shot) at around 8:15 pm, making this one of our earliest finishes thus far on the production schedule.

Personally, this could not come at a better time, as I'm pretty darn tired. The tail end of last week took its toll on me (the 7 or 8 am call times combined with minimal sleep) and I'm still feeling the repercussions. My zombie-like state on set made me think about how tired Jorge, Angelina, Blake and Zach must feel, having to tape scenes or be on set for most of the day every day, and yet they all go about their duties without whining like I am here about being tired or hot or anything. That's pretty neat, and it obviously has helped make the production run so smoothly thus far.

As I keep saying, the crew has also been on the top of its game these past few days, getting the shots and technical stuff out of the way and dealing with issues in such a manner that no one loses his or her temper. Without that, this would not be nearly as enjoyable for everyone as it seems to be for us so far. Today was one of the least stressful days (at least I perceived it to be that way) of the shoot so far.

I also wormed my way into another scene-stealing (haha) performance as an extra....I can't wait to see my goofy self in the background of the scene once the film is done.

Yesterday, I had the idea of creating little postcard-type fliers advertising the film...in my mind, that's a lot better to hand out to curious passers-by or onlookers than just saying "yeah the movie's called Love, Concord, check it out". I ran it by Mary and Kristin, and they said go for it, so I will have them at the ready for our shoot on Thursday at another public location, in case any rubberneckers show up. It's free publicity and something tangible to hand to them, so I think it's a great idea. :)

That's all I have for now, as we have another early call time tomorrow at the school....I'm having a blast so far with this great cast & crew, and I look forward to each day beginning.

Onward!

--Adrian

No comments:

Post a Comment