Friday, June 11, 2010

Hiii Everybody!

Yes, that was my lame impression of Dr. Nick from The Simpsons. I tried.

Anyway, hello, loyal Opificer Movie Blog readers. I'm Adrian, and I'll be running things here for the next few weeks while Gus helms the directorial chair throughout the greater Bay Area shooting Love, Concord. I'll be chiming in daily (that's the goal) with news and notes regarding the production, chronicling each day's shoot and any other loose ends and whatnot that may arise.

As Gus mentioned in one of his previous entries, I am going to turn my involvement with the production into a thesis project for my MA in Journalism program at California State University, Northridge. The aim of my project is to produce a short video documentary highlighting Love, Concord's production, paying special attention to the context of the film, the people involved, and (hopefully) see what it all means in terms of Latino-American independent filmmaking in Concord, a city that is not well-represented in cinematic history.

Of course, that's the goal, but I do realize that things may change over the course of the next few weeks. That's why I plan to be on-set every day for shoots, rigorously taking notes and videos of on-set activities...as well as interviewing various crew members before/after production wraps for the day.

I just picked up my camera equipment from Gaelvision (with a tip of the cap to Bryan Navarro, Grace Bosque and of course Gus himself), and will be ready to go come Sunday.

So keep your eyes peeled to this blog and the Love, Concord Facebook page for further posts and things of interest.

Onward!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray, Adrian!! I'm counting on you to keep me in the loop with fascinating posts. ;-) Welcome to our team!!

    ReplyDelete