Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Making History, One Frame at a Time!

Hello readers!

Who else is looking forward to baseball season? I personally am looking forward to another season of being a frustrated A's fan, but who knows maybe they'll surprise me this year. :)

Updates:

The Next Event is on the Books

Mark your calendars folks the next fundraiser is set for Friday May 7th, 2010. It will be a comedy night with about 6 (we may still add one more) comics performing their stand up acts. The comics include: JR Bennett, Bernie Anderson, Melanie Bega, Emmanuel Baja and headlining will be Natasha Muse. The MC of the event will be Peter Kim.


The event will be located at the same venue we held our film festival: The 9th Street Independent Film Center at 145 Ninth Street in San Francisco. Doors will open at 7:45 and the event will promptly start at 8pm. The event will end at 9:30 but we, the organizers, plan to meet at the 111 Minna Gallery/Bar for a little after party celebration. Which is just two quick BART stops away from the Civic Center BART station (which is closest to the Film Center).

Tickets will be $10 if purchased in advance and $12 at the door. There will be snacks and refreshments sold at the event as well.

If you'd like to buy your advance tickets before the May 5th deadline please email me at gguardado@gmail.com so I can arrange where to send your payment. Seating is limited to 80 people with a standing room only section of about 10-15 people. Our last event at this venue sold out so buy your tickets soon! Hope to see you all there!

Call Backs

I'm excited about tomorrow as I'll be holding call backs for key roles in the film. And to better help guide my decision, Angelina, my lead actress will be coming up from southern California to help the call back actors run the scenes they'll be auditioning. She has done this before with, Jorge, and their chemistry is what helped seal the deal on my decision for the Gerry role. Therefore, I'm really looking forward to seeing what these actors can do with my lead actress already impressive performance of her character.

Concord Historical Society

A few weeks ago I stopped by the Concord Historical society to seek out their endorsement for the feature. Part of the reasoning behind it was that since this is the first feature film to be set in the city of Concord, technically my film is making history. Therefore, it only seems natural for me to want this reputable society to endorse my film. After giving them a brief presentation about my goals for the film as well as giving them a written synopsis of the plot, they told me they would consider it and get back to me.

I later spoke to the society's Board of Directors President, Lloyd Crenna who told me he didn't think the society could endorse the film until it sees it. Which makes perfect sense. However, he did invite me to write a brief summary of the project so that it may be included in their quarterly newsletter. I'll keep you guys posted on this development. In the mean time check out their website if you're from Concord or need to do research on the history of it, they're a great resource and all very friendly too:

http://www.conhistsoc.org/

Well that's all for this week. Be sure to stay posted as I'm planing to make a major announcement in the near future (we've got something really interesting a brewing! Hehehehe).

Until next week....

Forward!

-Gustavo

2 comments:

  1. NOOOO! I am so bummed that I can't make yet another one of your events. I have cheer tryouts that evening, which is obviously something I can't ditch, since it will decide my team for next season. BOOOOOO! Anyhow, glad things are moving on with your casting and I can't wait to hear what the announcement for next week is! As always, let me know if you need anything.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. D'oh! Sorry you can't make it again. But eventually you'll make it to one of our events.

    Good luck with tryouts!

    ReplyDelete