Tuesday, March 2, 2010

4th Fundraiser Announcement

Hello readers,

Welcome to March! We're just 102 days away from shooting. Being so close to only having double digit days left is getting pretty nerve racking. But I'm confident I and my cast and crew will be ready for the first day!

Updates:

Fourth Fundraiser to be held in Los Angeles

That's right folks Love, Concord's fourth fundraiser party will be held on March 20 in Los Angeles. The reason being is because my gracious in-laws have been wanting to help out and have offered to help me throw and host a fundraiser there. Therefore, the next event will be hosted at the beautiful home of my sister-in-law Araceli and her husband Fermin. The other reason we're throwing this event in SoCal is because, as Sandra and I use to live there, we have lots of friends who are really anxious to learn about my production. Not to mention I have a few former SMC students now residing in LA so it just makes sense to at least have one event there.

The details are still being worked out, but as before you can expect us to have a raffle, awesome food, and at least one screening of one of my films. So all you SoCal folks who've been following the blog and have wanted to come to my events but couldn't because of the distance, now's your chance to participate! I guarantee you'll have a great time as all the previous three events have been lots of fun! So mark your calendars for March 20th and stay tuned for more info. I'll also be sending out Evites, so if you'd like to be included on that please let me know!

Auditions Going Well

With all the excitement of Miguel joining the cast I forgot to mention how the auditions have been going. So far so good. I've seen and met a lot of really nice and talented people. In fact I'm close to giving a few of the parts based on what I've seen. However, my gut tells me I still need to see a few more people before I officially cast those certain parts.

The one thing I've been struggling with is finding someone for the lead role of Gerry and the major supporting roles. While I've seen a few people who've read for "Gerry" I really feel I need to see a lot more people for this role as he's so critical to the success of the movie. And unfortunately there's only been two people who I've liked so far for Gerry. Both of whom have difficulties attached to whether or not they can do the film, one is a minor and the other lives in LA. So the casting will continue, but again, I plan to announce new cast members soon so stay tuned!

Well that's it for this week. Again all you LA folk mark your calendars for March 20th! I hope to see many of you there.

Forward!

-Gustavo

1 comment: