Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Short Week

Hello readers!

Hope everyone had a relaxing Turkey day. Mine was surprisingly traffic free as I drove back to LA to spend the holiday with my In-Laws. Mmmm I had home made tamales a month early! Yum!

Updates:

1st Casting Audition

Angelina, my lead actress, and I are currently aligning our schedules to do an audition of an actor to possibly play "Gerry" the lead character of the feature. Since she lives down south and works full time it's a bit of a tricky task but hopefully within a few weeks I might be writing about finally casting the lead character.

Location Hunt:

Yesterday I had lunch with Jimmy my former student and friend at our usual Concord diner. A while back he suggested I approach the restaurant owner to see if we could use their place as the much needed diner in the screenplay. So yesterday I finally spoke to the manager and she seemed interested. She mentioned, the decision obviously hinged on the owner but nonetheless she seemed enthusiastic about it and that's good enough for me right now.

SF Opificer's of Film Festival:

We are still accepting submissions for the short film festival Jon and I are coordinating. The submission fee is $10 and if your film is selected there's a $20 acceptance fee. But it's a small price to pay to be able to see your film in a professional quality screening room with a live audience to offer feedback and comments. The event will be Saturday January 9th, 2009 (We had to change the date of the event due to a booking mishap). Doors open at 7pm the event will be roughly 90mins. After the event there will be a one hour mixer social in the screening room lobby. Tickets will be $12 and all proceeds will go toward the Love, Concord production budget.

Buy my DVDs!!

As those of you who came to my fundraisers know, I'm selling off my DVD collection to also help pad the production budget. I still have a good 50+ DVDs left from my original amount of 200. I'd still rather sell them directly to you versus pawning them so email if you'd like a list of the movies I have left. No movie is more the $9 bucks and some titles are as cheap as $3! Plus if you buy two $5 DVDs I'll knock off $1! So email me at gguardado@gmail.com if you're interested.

Well folks that does it for this week. Sorry for the short posting, but as it was a short week can ya blame me ;)

Forward!

-Gustavo


No comments:

Post a Comment