Thursday, May 20, 2010

Another Concord Establishment Onboard!

Hello readers!

Can I just quickly say that if its another Boston vs LA NBA final I'm going to barry my head in the sand until its over. Anyways, lets begin.

Updates:

Location for First Day Locked

I'm excited to announce the location for the first day of principal photography will be at Concord's own Digger's Diner. I've been eating at Digger's since I was in high school so it's only fitting that some of the scenes for the feature be shot there. My producer, Kristin approached the establishment and spoke with the owner a few months ago and she seemed interested. So after the three of us met we agreed it'd be a great opportunity for both of us as I'd have an awesome location to shoot key scenes of my movie, and Digger's will get product placement in my film as well as two internet video commercials made, by yours truly, as a means of exchange. So readers join me in thanking Digger's by buying a delicious burger, or my personal favorite, a basket of their cheese fries at either their Concord or Brentwood locations. Thanks Diggers and welcome to the Love, Concord family!


Wardrobe Tests

On Sunday I met with five of my local actors to test wardrobe possibilities for their respective characters. As this is an ultra low budget feature film, I'm lucky in that my actors are more than willing to use their own clothes to shoot scenes in. And I have to say they all had great options for me and my wardrobe manager to choose from. In fact we were able to lock down half of one characters "costumes" by the end of the meeting. The rest of the actors all had at least a few items that we were able to lock down, but more work will need to be done. Once the rest of the cast from LA comes up a few days before shooting begins I'll be able to finalize the rest of the cast's costumes. Looking forward to it.

Set Piece Request

I'd like to ask my many readers if any of them happen to have a girls "day bed" frame. We need to use one for one very short scene and I'd prefer to no have to buy one for such little use. If you have one we could borrow for a day or two, or know someone who either wants to loan, give, or sell cheaply their "day bed" frame, please tell them to email me at: gguardado@gmail.com. For those of you who don't know what a day bed is check out the picture below. It doesn't have to be this nice, I just chose this photo to clarify what I need.

Well I got lots of fish to fry in order to make this movie happen in about 3 weeks! Until next time

-Forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment