Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The More the Merrier

Hello readers!

I'm finally over my evil cold! Woo hoo! And I made it 5 weeks without a soda. I finally broke down and had one during the Super Bowl, but can you blame me?

Updates:

Love, Concord has a new crew member to add to its growing numbers. I'm happy to announce Ash Hakimi has come aboard as Wardrobe Manager. Ash has a very interesting background. He worked at very fashionable and popular clothing store in Vancouver, Canada where he was an Assistant Manager/top salesperson/ and fashion coordinator. In college Ash split his interests into both film and horticulture. But it was his talents with landscaping that lead him to create his own successful landscape design and installation business called: Utopic Gardens. (www.utopicgardens.com/).
Ash, has been given the latest script and he and I will be meeting soon to start discussing all the various clothes, costumes, and outfits each character will need for the production. Then the task will be to actually plan, organize, and secure what we decide so we'll be ready to go come time to shoot. Ash's enthusiasm and personable attitude truly have me excited to collaborate with him, and I'm sure he'll be a great addition to the crew. Welcome aboard Ash!

Another Interested Concord Filmmaker

Through a chance liaison I recently met Jeff Mosley an established stuntman and actor here in the Bay Area. Jeff was also recently trying to get a feature film project off the ground in Concord and offered to meet with me to offer advice and input on my project. Unfortunately, Jeff's project is currently shelved until he can reorganize his plan of attack to accomplish it, but he wanted to meet with me to offer ways to keep my film from entering the same predicament his is in.
We met yesterday and he truly gave me some very insightful advice and has offered to lend a hand on the production as best he can once we start filming. While I've just met him, and I'm always skeptical of strangers offering "free help," I genuinely feel he legitimately wants to help my production. In the very least simply because, like me, he wants to see the East Bay Area's film community thrive and prosper. His vast experience in the local industry could be a true value to me and most likely will be yet another reason my production is a success. You can look up Jeff's vast experience at

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0608444/

Well there you go folks. Next week I hope to write about how auditions go as I plan to hold some this weekend. Until then have a great week!

Forward!

-Gustavo

2 comments:

  1. I might have met Jeff on "Everyday Black Man"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah he worked on it so, probably. He wants to meet you again if you did. He's really interested in being a 2nd camera operator. He has an EX-1

    ReplyDelete