Monday, February 1, 2010

Hello Readers!

Finally starting to feel normal, but my throat still feels like I swallowed a Costco size hairball. On another side note I'm one month free of soda and feeling great! Woot! Woot! I may sneak one down during the super bowl though. GO SAINTS!

Urgent Positions Need Filling

We're less than five months away from shooting and there are a few key positions I need filled and I don't have a single lead on them. The first and probably most important for pre-production is a location manager. I'm having a big difficulty securing and finding locations for the 17 places we need to shoot at. Not only that, but the places I do have in mind, still need to be contacted and explained about my project. Therefor, if you know anyone who's either interested in becoming a location scout or manager please send them my way. Or if you know someone interested in perhaps producing movies, this would be a great entry level way of becoming a producer. Not having to worry about my locations would releave a heavy burden from me, and allow me to focus on other important director duties.

Another important position I need filled is a wardrobe manager.
What this position entails is someone to help me go through the entire script and decide exactly what each character needs to wear and help either locate, buy, or order the costume and make sure it arrives to the set at the right time on the right day. This would be another great opportunity for someone perhaps interested in costume design or even becoming a producer as this is a department head position which would teach one a lot about how each department works with one another.

Those are the two most important positions I need filled immediately, if you know anyone interested have them contact me via email at: gguardado@gmail.com

Casting Reminder

I've been receiving a lot of headshots from the initial casting call, but I'd still like to get more. I've updated the latest cast openings on Craigslist. Here's the link:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/tlg/1582524079.html

If you know anyone interested in acting please share the link with them. There's a few supporting roles, and 11 minor speaking roles and they are of various ages, genders, and ethnicities.

A Quick Plug for a Fellow Lion


Just want to remind you all More Than a Game a documentary about Lebron James' high school basketball team is now out on DVD! I'm not just mentioning it because I happen to know the director of the movie from film school, I genuinely liked it. This is a great story about what it takes to achieve a dream in the face of poverty and other obstacles. You don't have to be a Lebron James or basketball fan to enjoy this film, so rent it, Netflix it, or buy it! You won't be disappointed, and if you are you have a lump of cole for a heart.




That's it folks. Until next week....

Forward!

-Gustavo



2 comments: