Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Fundraiser Time, Now Name my Movie!

Hello readers! Three weeks off soda! Woot! Woot! Oh and quick shout out to Angela Groppetti Kluver who's been a big help this past week!

As promised last week, I'm giving the details about the first fundraiser for the movie production. So here we go. The event will be on August 29th from 1:30pm to 5:30pm. One of my producers has been very kind enough to host the event which is fantastic as she has a beautiful home with a great backyard. At the event I'll be selling my DVD collection which varies from comedies, action, sci-fi, drama, and a few TV series. We'll also be raffling off prizes which are: Two movie passes to Cinemark Theaters, a DVD bundle pack, and a very nice wine tasting kit from William Sonoma. Lastly, there will be music, beverages and a light assortment of appetizers, after allthis is a fundraiser.
I'll also be screening my first short film which has always been a crowd pleaser. It's called "Chicas on the Way" and always gets people laughing. After the screening I plan to give a brief presentation on the feature movie project (I don't say film, as we're shooting digitally in HD). So if you would like to attend please email me at gguardado@gmail.com so I can send you an evite with the location as I don't want to webcast my producer friend's home address.

On another topic:
I'm having difficulty deciding the title of the feature. So I thought, why not ask my blog readers to give me a hand in the process. So here are some of the titles I'm working on. Again, the movie is a Dramedy, meaning it has elements of comedy but is leaning more toward the drama side. Therefore I want a title that encapsulates that and I also want the word Concord in there as it takes place there. So here are the suggestions, please comment on which ones you like most right here on the blog. Or hell if you like none of the options come up with one of your own.
















1. Concord
2. Gerry of Concord
3. Gerry's Concord
4. Gerry the Concordian
5. Gerry's Romantic Crusade of Concord (purposefully cheesy)

Well I look forward to your ideas and feedback. That's it for this week, stay tuned for more info and please keep the question and comments coming.

Forward!

-Gustavo

12 comments:

  1. I think someone mentioned this in comments in a previous post, but I like the idea of a title that's a play on words with "Concord" and "Conquered." I can't uh, think of any examples off the top of my head... Maybe like "Concord Love" or something less cheesy than that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah I guess something like "Gerry's Conquered" would be interesting. Or maybe "Gerry's Conquered Love." Awesome thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Gerry & Conquered" maybe? "Gerry & Concord" maybe? "Conquered" maybe?
    "Gerry of Concord" sounds like a title a knight would have had, which may be something you like if you were throwing around the word crusade.
    I like "Gerry's Concord." Haven't read the script to know if this is accurate, but it connotes that he believes he owns the city.

    Exciting exciting stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bryan, Thanks for the awesome feedback. There is a sort of a middle ages sound to the Gerry of Concord. And it was done purposefully but I can't go too much into detail without giving away an aspect of the script which I think is unique.

    But again, great feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "La Conquista de Geraldo" "Geraldo Conquistado", just in case it goes to video in Mexico, he he

    I like the idea of involving the location's name in the title, but I think it needs to be more subtle. "Concord" may mean something to you or I as its our hometown...but whenever the movie's title is blatently stated at some point in the movie, I wince a little.

    Perhaps something IN Concord, a characteristic of the town that could serve for a better title. For example (and these aren't necessarily suggestions) "Willow Pass", "All Saints" (in reference to the town's original name "Todos Santos"), "Diablo Valley", blah blah blah. Not the best suggestions, but you may get the idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jon, I really like the Spanish "La Conquista de Geraldo" I hadn't thought of using Spanish and it makes me embarrassed to admit that. Maybe a combo of "Gerry el Conquistador de Concord"

    Yeah the just "Concord" wasn't a true contender just wanted to get the ideas rolling.

    I also thought of using something Concord specific, like "A Block Past Monument"

    Great ideas! Thanks buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Babe,
    Just thought of some suggestions...

    How about, "(A) Love Conquered" or the opposite "(A) Conquered Love" or
    "The conquistador of love" or "Gerry's Conquered Love" - "Gerry's conquers love" or "Gerry's conquest to Love."

    In Spanish, "(Un) Amor conquistado" "La conquista de amor"

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like "The Conquistador of Love" and "Gerry's Conquered Love."

    Thanks for the ideas! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOH.

    how about 'Iron Horse Trail'? it doesn't include the word 'Concord', but....

    just a suggestion.

    can't wait to see this come alive.

    --adrian

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adrian,

    I like that! It's nicely vague but would make sense to Contra Costa folk. And Gerry is on a metaphoric trail of sorts in the story, so it works that way too.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey,

    glad i could help you out...anytime you need it, let me know.

    i like jon's idea about using something that's specific to concord and i like the iron horse trail idea too...something along those lines.

    talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Iron Horse Trail isn't necessarily Concord specific though...there are a few across the country

    ReplyDelete