Tuesday, July 7, 2009

So what's the movie about Gus?

Hello Blog readers! So first off I want to thank everyone who's posted a reply to the blog and the many people who sent me personal messages too. Thanks! Your encouragement goes a long way.

So one of the many questions I've been getting about the movie is "What's it about?" So allow me to answer. But before I do you should know that I can't explain everything about it as I don't want my idea stolen and because I'm still fine tuning the script so things can change. 

Here we go:

The story is semi autobiographical. It takes place in good ol Concord, Ca. It's about a notorious class clown, named Gerry,  who's having a little trouble getting a girlfriend. Along comes a girl into his life who shows interest and is the complete opposite of Gerry and the girl's he's use to dating.

The conflict in the movie comes when Gerry attempts to stay in good graces with his first ever girlfriend, but at the same time not lose his reputation for being the jokester of the school.

So that's about all I can go into about the movie without giving away too much. After all, I do want you all to go out and watch it when it's done.

Another question I've been asked is where do I plan to shoot my opus. Well, I plan to shoot as much as possible in Concord of course. I don't think an actual independent feature film has ever been shot in my home town let alone about Concord. So I'd like to be the historical first! Even if I'm not, like the saying goes "You write what you know" and man do I know Concord.

On to another topic:

Yesterday I finally finished rerecording dialogue for my latest short movie called Marta's Last Exit. I wrote this script about a year ago and  finally shot it with the help of my friends, family, and students last October. This short has been the testbed for my feature film in many ways. By doing this film I learned a lot about whether I can successfully make a film in the bay area, since my three previous short movies were all shot in LA.

The rough cut I've shown friends and colleagues has gotten some positive response and I'm looking forward to finalizing it so it can at last be screened to the public! This might be my first fundraising event so stay tuned as I'm almost at the finish line.

Last thing before I go:

So I'm working on the 4th draft of the feature film and I've promised people I'd have it done soon. I'm a notorious procrastinator so if you wanna help me, keep prodding me to get it done. I'll let myself down a 100 times before I let down someone else. And if you guys keep pushing me and insisting on reading the 4th draft it'll probably get it done faster!

Well that's it for now peeps! Keep the questions and comments coming!

Forward!

-Gustavo Guardado


3 comments:

  1. Apparently, some part of "American Graffiti" was shot in Concord...hmmm

    Send me a draft foo! I am the DP afterall ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, ok, the airport was Buchanan. Cool eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty cool. I'm actually embarrassed I didn't know that.

    ReplyDelete