Friday, July 2, 2010

THAT'S A WRAP!!

Yep, production is officially in the can for Love, Concord. We started our last day of filming yesterday at around 4 pm and finished...at 5 in the morning. Yes, a 13-hour day.

Needless to say, I felt beyond tired by the time we wrapped as the sun rose in the Concord hills. I have to commend Angelina and Jorge ("Gerry & Melinda") for their tireless energy all throughout the night, as they filmed scenes at our first location and then all night until 5. We were at a spot with amazing views of the Bay Area...to wrap shooting just as the sun was rising was beautiful and quite metaphoric, as you could say the sun is rising on our movie. :)

This has honestly been one of the most amazing experiences of my life. The entire cast & crew of the movie are now my friends, and the thought of not spending 10-13 hours a day with them on various sets is sad. We all teamed up to help Gus reach his dream, and in doing so we've created a movie that I know a lot of people will love. All the actors did fantastic jobs with their roles, and I can't wait for the world to be able to see what we were up to these past 3 weeks.

This blog will definitely stay active, so don't think that just because production is finished, that the blog is too. That's not the case at all...I'll keep everyone updated about post-production tidbits and news leading up to our eventual movie premiere sometime in the (hopefully) not so distant future.

As a former student, I have to congratulate director Gustavo Guardado on living his dream. He's always wanted to direct his own feature film, and thanks to our wonderful cast & crew, that dream was realized just as the sun came up last night/this morning. That must be a pretty surreal feeling, and I know it will be just the beginning for Love, Concord.

Thanks to all you guys for reading my updates, and stay tuned for more soon! :)


--Adrian

2 comments:

  1. Hi Adrian!
    Will you need any music for Love, Concord? I'm a singer/songwriter and I have both songs and instrumental pieces available for licensing. Just let me know what kind of sound you're looking for and I'll see if I have anything that fits.
    Thanks so much for your time; I'm looking forward to hearing from you!
    -Paulina
    www.paulinalogan.com
    www.myspace.com/paulinalogan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paulina, we'll get back to you soon, for now most of us are taking a small break from all things movie-related haha ;)

    thanks!

    --Adrian

    ReplyDelete